2019 Citywide Racial Equity Team Recruitment
The San Francisco Human Rights Commission is pleased to open enrollment for the 2019 cohort of SF’s Citywide Racial Equity Team. This group will participate in the 12-month Intro to Racial Equity program run by the Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE), which focuses on strategies to achieve racial equity and advance opportunities for all. During and after their GARE program, the 2019 cohort joins previous cohorts in working to make change as the Citywide Racial Equity Team.
The Human Rights Commission will begin accepting applications for the 2019 Cohort on October 1, 2018. Thirty city employees will be selected to participate in the cohort.
During the 12-month program, cohort members will receive:
• An Intro to Racial Equity curriculum tailored for their department,
• A Racial Equity Tool to be used in policy, practice, program and budget decisions,
• A capacity building plan and organizational structure to institutionalize equity within their own department,
• Example policies and practices that help advance racial equity,
• Support on developing a Racial Equity Action Plan for their departments,
• On-going peer to peer consultations with a citywide racial equity team,
• Technical assistance from the Human Rights Commission on implementing racial equity action plans.
32 hours/month (average) for workshops and to operationalize racial equity work within the department.
To be considered for the 2019 cohort, please complete the application
Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Conditional Acceptance: December 7, 2018
All information sessions will take place at the Human Rights Commission 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 800, San Francisco CA 94114 from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm