Quick Links to Filing a Complaint
HRC's Discrimination Complaints Investigation and Mediation Division investigates and mediates complaints of discrimination and non-compliance in employment, housing and public accommodation, as prescribed by City policy and jurisdiction. In addition, the Division is charged with implementing the Sanctuary City Ordinance by assisting the public in filing, mediating, and investigating complaints of non-compliance with the ordinance.
What We Do:
- Investigate and mediate discrimination complaints in the areas of housing, public accommodations, and employment
- Investigate and mediate complaints of noncompliance with the Fair Chance and Sanctuary City Ordinances
- Engage stakeholders to resolve community disputes and issues involving individual or systemic illegal discrimination
- Provide technical assistance, information and referrals to individuals, community groups, businesses and government agencies related to human rights and social justice
What We Do Not Do:
- Provide individual legal representation;
- Provide direct advocacy;
- Just a few other things, probably a statement that we will try to connect people with the organizations/resources who might help them do these things.
Quick Links to Governing Laws: